Now that winter is in full swing, you should be ensuring you and your family are safe when using your fireplace.
Carbon monoxide is a poison of high risk that you cannot smell, see or taste, but it is deadly. Carbon monoxide enters the body through the lungs and is transported through the blood. Carbon monoxide keeps the blood from transporting oxygen to the tissues of the body. Oxygen is essential to the functioning of the heart and the brain; lack of it can be fatal.
Unless a house is totally electric your family has a risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. Burning kerosene, oil, natural gas, and wood can produce carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide is only a problem if the appliances and equipment are not functioning properly. Worn parts and improper ventilation can cause carbon monoxide to be released into the home.
5 Star Clean is a locally owned and operated Chimney and Dryer Vent Cleaning Service in Central Florida. We are CSIA Certified #6454 – Chimney and belong to the National Chimney Sweep Association. We take pride in our work.